What is URL Redirections?
URL redirection or URL forwarding is a technique that allows a webpage, a form, or an entire web application to have multiple URL addresses. HTTP has a specific type of response called HTTP redirects that enable this operation. In addition, to Check Redirect URLs online you can use our URL Redirect Checker free tool. These redirects serve various purposes including:
- 301 Redirects: A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect that indicates that the URL has permanently moved to a new location. When a user tries to access the old URL, the server automatically redirects them to the new URL. 301 redirects recommend for SEO purposes, as they transfer the majority of the original page’s ranking power to the new URL.
- 302 Redirects: A 302 redirect is a temporary redirect that indicates that the URL has temporarily moved to a new location. When a user tries to access the old URL, the server automatically redirects them to the new URL. 302 redirects are not recommended for SEO purposes, as they do not transfer the ranking power of the original page to the new URL.
How to Check Redirect URLs Online?
With the help of this HTTP Redirect Checker tool online, you can check the HTTP redirects that a web server generates in response to a URL. This free Redirect Check online tool is compatible with both HTTP and HTTPS URLs.
How does the Redirect Checker tool work?
Use this free tool for Redirection Check online by following these steps:
- Paste the Required URL in the input field above.
- Click on the “Check” Button.
- You will get HTTP headers with redirections from your URL.
Moreover, here you can see related HTTP Checker Tools.